The KT-20 is a handheld instrument that is able to measure up to three different physical properties on a geological sample or core, including magnetic susceptibility, conductivity and density. The KT-20 is available in three main models: as a dedicated magnetic susceptibility meter (KT-20), a dedicated conductivity meter (KT-20 C), or as a combined magnetic susceptibility/conductivity meter (KT-20 S/C).
• Two dual-frequency sensors: 1/10 kHz and 10/100 kHz dual-frequency sensors are available for the KT-20. Those focusing on magnetic susceptibility measurements will benefit from the 1/10 kHz, while the 10/100 kHz sensor is advantageous for conductivity measurements. Only one dual-frequency sensor is provided with the KT-20 and the customer decides the sensor frequency that they would like to receive with the instrument when they place their order.
• Interchangeable circular & rectangular sensors: Users can easily interchange between circular and rectangular sensors to employ the one that is ideally suited for their requirements. The circular sensor has a large surface area and is recommended for grassroots exploration and measuring samples larger than 66mm. The rectangular sensor is ideal for measuring cores with diameters smaller than 66 mm. The KT-20 is provided with one sensor, in either circular or rectangular configuration; the customer can purchase additional sensors with the instrument or anytime afterwards.
• Density measurements: An optional KT-20 accessory allows the ability to perform density measurements. Density measurements are made possible through a tensile scale that is connected to the KT-20 and using the containment bag holder and hook of the kit.
• Large transflective colour display: The KT-20 has a large transflective colour display that allows users to quickly review and visualize data directly from on the screen.
• Integrated GPS: Each KT-20 model is integrated with GPS to provide the coordinates of a measurement’s location with 2.0m accuracy.
• Real-time profiling and data transferring: Scanner profiles can be viewed on the KT-20’s colour display in real-time. Data can also be transferred from the KT-20 to a database in real-time for instantaneous archiving.