The G-857 provides a reliable, low cost solution for a variety of magnetic search and mapping applications. Single key stroke operation means the G-857 can be operated by non-technical field personnel or used in teaching environments. The G-857 uses the well-established proton precession method, allowing accurate measurements to be made with virtually no dependence upon variables such as sensor orientation, temperature, or location. The unit provides a repeatable absolute total field magnetic reading, traceable to the National Bureau of Standards, unlike
other magnetic field measurement processes which measure only a single component of the field. The unit offers features such as GPS time synchronization, GPS positions in in-field navigation with a hand held Garmin GPS.
- 0.1 nT resolution and sensitivity
- Designed for ease of use by non- skilled personnel
- Digital memory – 65,000 readings
- Manual data recall, or down load to a PC
- Versatile – total field or gradiometer surveys or base station applications use.
- Rugged weatherproof construction.
- Console records GPS position from optional Garmin Oregon450