- Airborne and Vehicle Applications with Multi- Sensor Array Capability
- Extreme Sensitivity and Speed ─ 300 fT/√Hzrms and 1000 Hz with internal counter
- Very Low Heading Error ─ ±0.15nT over 360 ̊ equatorial and polar spins. Systems supplied with spin curves for gradiometer installation curve matching
- Versatility ─ includes 6 channel 12 bit A to D converters for digitisation of altimeter or other analog signals, digital data stream concatenation, telemetry option, wide voltage range
- Reliability and Ruggedness – Cesium
magnetometers never need be returned to factory for calibration or tuning. Designed for tough environmental conditions and high “G” loads
- Gradiometer arrays offering simultaneous operation of up to 8 separate sensors using the designed-in serial port concatenation capability
- Outputs RS-232 output converted to nT (γ) for recording by any standard computer. High sample and data transmission rates are accomplished using a compressed binary data transmission protocol.
MODEL G-824A AIRBORNE CESIUM MAGNETOMETER/SENSOR SPECIFICATIONS
Operating PrincipleSelf-oscillating split-beam cesium vapour (non-radioactive) Operating Range20,000 to 100,000 nT Operating ZonesThe earth’s field vector should be at an angle greater than 100 from the sensor’s equator and greater than 100 from the sensor’s long axis. Automatic hemisphere switching Sensitivity (Internal Counter)<0.3 pT/√Hz RMS. Typically 0.01 nT P-P at a 0.02 second (50 Hz) sample rate (90% of all readings falling within the P-P envelope) NOTE: US EXPORT LICENSE REQUIRED Sample Rate0.001 s (1000Hz) to 15.999s in 1ms increments Heading Error±0.15 nT over entire 360° equatorial and polar spins Not specified on 824B Absolute Accuracy<3 nT throughout range OutputRS-232 data at 115K baud, concatenated data streams from up to 8 sensors depending on sample rate, compressed binary MechanicalTotal weight including interconnect cable 2.3Kg. Electronics 6.35cm x 38cm. Sensor 6 x 12.7cm Cables Sensor to electronics/Electronics to junction box Standard 2.77 m with connector on electronics end. Other lengths available from 0.75m to 3.75m at 1 m increments. Lengths approx. due to cable variations. RS-232 to Computer, standard 8m, 60m max. Larmor to external counter with coupler over Coax, standard 10m, 50m max Operating Temperature-35°C to +50°C Storage Temperature-45°C to +70°C) AltitudeUp to 9,000 m WeatherproofO-Ring sealed for operation in rain Power24 to 32 VDC, 2.0 amp at turn-on and 1.0 amp thereafter Accessories StandardPower/RS-232 multiconductor cable (electronics to power/data junction box with 9 pin RS-232 connector and power lugs), lengths to be specified, spare O rings, operation manual and carrying case Optional Logging SoftwareMagLogPro (Logs GPS and Mag, shows trackplot, mag profile, other data ) AccessoriesBirds, Stingers, Wingtips, Avionics, GPS, Gamma Ray, Logging Computer, MagComp Compensation software
Geometrics, Inc. also provides G-824 systems for stationary mounted configurations that can address surveillance and other remote detection applications. These systems are identical in all performance and reliability standards except heading error.