The G-823A includes the proven high-performance G-822A cesium sensor with the ultra-small sized CM-201 Larmor counter. The CM-201 counter also includes Julian time/date, a provision to accept an external sync pulse, and six A/D converters for digitising and recording signal amplitude, radar/barometric altimeter, EM or other analog data.
The system has two outputs: the standard Larmor sine wave superimposed on 28 VDC power or the Larmor signal counted, converted into nT and output as serial data for recording by any standard computer.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Airborne and Vehicle Applications with Multi-Sensor Array Capability – Versatility is the name of the game! This instrument can be used in fixed wing, helicopter or in land applications to fit any surveyor’s needs
• Highest Sensitivity – Pick up the smallest changes in magnetic field
• Fast Sampling – Save money and time on large-scale surveys; detect the smallest objects
• Low AC Field Interference – Survey next to power lines when necessary
• Very Low Heading Error – Get very clean, repeatable measurements without fear of instrument noise impacting the data
• Rugged and Reliable – Weatherproof, Survives three-foot drop onto hard surface
• Ultra-stable – No need to calibrate sensors
• Export Version Available – Use anywhere in the world without need for an export license (except embargoed countries). See specifications
MAGNETOMETER / ELECTRONICS
Operating Principle: Self-oscillating split-beam Cesium vapour (non-radioactive).
Operating Range: 20,000 to 100,000 nT.
Operating Zones: The earth’s field vector should be at an angle greater than 10° from the sensor’s equator and greater than 10° from the sensor’s long axis. Automatic hemisphere switching.
Noise: <0.004 nT/√Hzrms. (SX (exportversion: <0.02 nT/√Hzrms).
Hz Heading Error: ± 0.15 nT over entire 360° equatorial and polar spins.
Max Sample Rate: 20 Hz.
Output: Cycle of Larmor frequency = 3.498572 Hz/nT, RS-232 data at 9600 baud, concatenated data streams from up to 6 sensors.
Power: 24 to 32 VDC, 0.75A at power-on and 0.5A thereafter.
Sensor: DIA: 60 mm; L: 146 mm; Weight: 0.45 kg – any orientation in 177mm diameter stinger.
Sensor Electronics: DIA: 63 mm; L: 279 mm; 1.36 kg (2.5×11 in; 48 oz).
Sensor to electronics: Standard 2.77m with connector on electronics end. Other lengths available from 0.75 m to 3.75 m at 1 m increments. Lengths approximate due to cable variations.
Electronics to Junction Box: RS-232 to Computer, standard 8m, 60m max. Larmor to external counter with coupler over Coax, standard 10m, 50m max.
Operating Temperature: -35°C to +50°C.
Storage Temperature: -45°C to +70°C.
Altitude: Up to 9,000m.
Weatherproof: O-Ring sealed for operation in the rain and/or 100% humidity.
Temperature Drift: <0.05 nT/ oC.
Standard: Power/RS-232 multi-conductor cable (electronics to power/ data junction box with 9 pin RS-232 connector and power lugs), lengths to be specified, spare O-Rings, operation manual and carrying case.
Logging Software: MagLog (Logs GPS and Mag, shows track plot, mag profile, other data).
Accessories: Birds, Stingers, Wingtips, Avionics, GPS, Gamma Ray, Logging Computer.
G-823B: Enjoys all of the same specifications and performance as the G-823A, with the exception of a confirmed/tested heading error specification.
G-823AWL: The Larmor output capability is removed for installations that don’t utilise an external counter. “B”version also available in this model.
G-823AWL-SX: The SX designates that this model is our “Special Export” version which has a reduced sensitivity specification of 0.02nT/√Hzrms. This model does not require an export license prior to shipping.